Sunday, January 24, 2010

In the spirit of this post, I thought I would share a few of my favorite estate sale finds:


estate_sales
 
---------------------------
---------------

DSC_0457

DSC_0451


I stepped into my dream closet this morning! I found myself in an enormous room turned closet filled with the most beautiful vintage. Everything from true Victorian and Edwardian pieces to 50s day dresses, to fun 80s frocks. This estate was a little different than your normal estate sale. The woman actually ran an antique store from her home, and was attempting to dramatically downsize. Everything was marked down, but I was pleasantly surprised by my mother chiming in and negotiating far beyond the markdowns! I fell in love with so many Victorian and 20s era pieces, however all were completely out of my budget, and in not-so-great shape (beyond repair). I am so picky regarding the condition of vintage garments. If I am buying a rare investment piece, I want it to be immaculate and pristine!

The above 50s green dress, red gingham bodysuit, and 60s chambray shift dress will eventually be going in the Leproust store, while I purchased the white and peach dress to wear to a beach wedding this spring, and I can't wait to wear the maroon romper over heather gray tights and boots this winter.

If you live in the Nashville area, and want to check out this estate sale (well worth it), it continues through Saturday.  Just shoot me an email and I can pass the address along!


DSC_0428


Other than amazing estate sales, I have been indulging in obscene amounts of oatsies! As I said in my previous post, they are terrible for you but thoroughly delicious. I am typically a complete organic, vegetarian, health freak, but these are my favorite once yearly indulgence. Here is the easy recipe in case you would like to try them for yourself:

2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup Karo syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 oz semisweet chocolate

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Combine oats and brown sugar
3. Melt butter
4. Stir in Karo syrup, salt, and vanilla into the melted butter and pour over oat and brown sugar mix. Mix well.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. While bars cool, melt the chocolate, then spread over bars. Cool and serve. (I cool and store the bars in the refrigerator)
--------------------------
-------------

Holiday_Shopping



details


Little Boy's Suit Jacket: Thrifted
Tee: Target
Skirt: Anthropologie
Tights: H&M
Jazz Shoes: MIA (via endless.com)
Purse: Vintage (thrifted)
Brooch: Vintage (on a dress that I thrifted)

Today was such a fun filled day....my mother and I started off with a lazy morning off crappy television watching, followed by a lunch out of black bean salads and Caribbean corn bread, lots of early Christmas shopping, dessert making, and girly movie watching! I love mom visits! Actually, she even took the above blog photos for me prior to our shopping excursions. Originally I had a different pair of tights on, then realized I had tore them while getting dressed! I actually think the plaid tights were much more festive for Christmas shopping; they have such a holiday feel to them.

Tomorrow morning brings a killer estate sale at 8 am (my mother's first estate sale!) followed by a yummy pancake breakfast, although my mother just noted that her stomach isn't feeling so hot from all of the nibbling and bite sneaking we did while baking! Oops! :)
-------------------------
-----------

DSC_0437

DSC_0451

DSC_0452
Sunnies: Vintage (estate sale)
Cardigan: Jcrew
Navy Gingham Blouse: Anthropologie
Jeans: BDG via UO
Brogues: Vintage (thrifted)
Necklace (worn as bracelet): Vintage (estate sale)
Saddlebag: Vintage (vintage store)


Hooray! The remainder of my adaptive equipment arrived (read: reacher/claw thingy, extended handle shoe horn and hook, and sock aid) and I can now dress myself (I am not allow to bend over or lift my leg)! I have also been feeling much better, thus we have started to take short outings here and there to get out of the house.

I wore the above outfit for a very casual and unseasonably warm Sunday, to watch Robin and the rest of my soccer team play a tournament game. Afterward, we took a few pictures for the blog which ended up taking no time at all, as I really can't do more than the pose you see!

I also had a few out-takes from Sunday that I thought I would share:

DSC_0432

DSC_0433

oooohhh the perils of crutches!

My mom is coming in from Ohio this evening as Robin is leaving to attend a conference for the remainder of the week. I am extremely excited to see her. She packed an arsenal of girly movies, and we are planning on making my favorite dessert....Oatsies! Has anyone ever made oatsies? They are terrible for you (think Karo corn syrup, chocolate, sugar, the works!), but I loved them as a little girl. I will have to share the recipe after we whip up a batch! I also have a few things in store that my mother is not yet aware of.....maaaaybe a little bit of shopping, coffee at Fido (my fav!),  and a few estate sales on Friday morning! I think I am also going to take her out to dinner at the most lovely independent Italian restaurant for taking such good care of me!
--------------------------
-----------

DSC_0633
DSC_0271
DSC_0053
DSC_0307


DSC_0746


DSC_0737


These are just a few of my favorite items that I added to the Leproust Etsy Shop last evening. Included in the mix is a beautiful floral dress from the 80s, a buffalo plaid apron dress from the 60s/70s, a Pendleton wool holiday skirt, a houndstooth print dress from the 60/70s, the most beautiful beaded clutch, and a  darling black box purse! Swing by the shop to check these, and many more items out! Oh, and I created a large SALE section as well! :)

I did encounter one small predicament while listing the aforementioned items:



DSC_0331


I stumbled upon this beauty on a trip to Chapel Hill, NC this fall. I fully intended for this dress to go into the etsy shop, and never thought twice. When I put it on to photograph it a number of weeks ago, I realized that it fit me perfectly. I am always very good about not keeping garments intended for the store, and I was able to hold strong. Then, while going through photos and working on listings this evening, I began to imagine how much of a wonderful Christmas Eve dress this is! I imagined drinking red wine, snacking on gingerbread, opening presents, spending lovely time with family, and midnight mass in this dress. There was no turning back! I instantly moved it from the "Leproust" side of my vintage garment rack to the "Kristin" side of the garment rack. I then made myself choose one garment from the "Kristin" side to move to the "Leproust" side in return (hence the lovely 80s floral print dress above)!
---------------------------
-------------
What I am Wearing:

DSC_0426


Ringer Tee: Vintage (stolen from my husband!)
Hoodie: F21
Workout Pants: Target
Shoes: Converse
Glasses: Calvin Klein

First of all, I really want to thank everyone so much for all of your thoughtful well wishes and positive comments! It really helped to keep me upbeat through the hospital stay, and everyday I looked forward to returning to the blog and catching up on all of my blog reading. The blogosphere is truly an amazing community!

Well, I never thought I would be posting terribly lit pictures of myself with absolutely no makeup, dirty and disheveled hair, and in glorified pajamas on my fashion blog! Oh well, it is truly what I am wearing right now! The only reason I even look this put together was due to the fact that we needed to run downstairs to talk with our neighbors!


What I Wish I Was Wearing:

DSC_0253

DSC_0261

DSC_0256

DSC_0243


Wool Military Jacket: Urban Outfitters
Red Pinstripe Skirt: Francesca's Collection
Heathered Grey Tights: Target
Oxford Heels: H&M
Wool Purse: Vintage (thrifted)

I am finally writing this blog from the comfort of my home in Nashville!! :) I actually had to travel to Boston to have my surgery, as it is a very rare and specialized surgery. I have a funny little thing about announcing I will be out of town for an extended period of time on the internet until I have returned home....too many bad lifetime movies or something!

I want nothing more than to throw on this outfit and jump in the car, ransack every thrift store in Nashville, and stop at my favorite coffee shop on the way home. Or, I could do exactly what I am doing, and catch up on my blog reading, which is equally as satisfying!
----------------------------
-----------
Hello friends!! It has been far too long! I am happy to report that after a few minor complications, my hip surgery went well. I am currently writing this from the (un)comfort of my hospital bed, though it should only be a few hours until I enjoy a bit of fresh air and head home! I decided to make this post my first installment of "What I am Wearing/What I Wish I Was Wearing." Robin and I took some photos of my ideal fall outfits prior to surgery,  so that my blog would not be lacking in content over the next few months.

What I am Wearing:

photo-2

Nightgown: H&M (SO soft!)
Glasses: Calvin Klein

What I Wish I Was Wearing:



DSC_0212


DSC_0197


DSC_0234
--------------------------
-----------
DSC_0287




DSC_0293




DSC_0305


Dress: Francesca's Collection
Cardigan: Jcrew (on super sale!)
Tights: Target
Saddle Shoes: Urban Outfitters


I (well, Robin) took these photos just before leaving for Boston. It was the first time I wore these shoes, and as soon as I laced them up, I instantly felt like running and jumping around! They are so comfy and cheery. I have had the dress, cardigan, and tights for over two or three years, so it was fun to reinvent them with a new item!
-------------------------------
--------------

<DSC_0398



I wish I had an interesting costume to tell you about, like the year I hand sawed arm holes and a head hole into a large orange construction barrel, and proceeded to waddle around with the original blinking light attached to my head.  Unfortunately, I am tremendously behind on many deadlines and paperwork, thus I worked diligently this evening and got through it all! Oh, and I took a break to go on a sunset stroll and eat delicious fall-flavored muffins with Robin!  Being that I love Halloween, I did get to watch Night of the Living Dead and Amityville Horror while I completed the aforementioned tasks. :)
-------------------------------
--------------

CLICK NOW
COLLECTION OF WORLD'S BEST WALLPAPERS
WOW WHAT A BEAUTY
AMAZING NATURE
NATURE OF GOD
JAZZ OF LIFE
COOL PHOTOS BANK
BEAUTY OF WILDLIFE
BEST PHOTOS OF THE WORLD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY