Sunday, January 24, 2010

With trailors and photos of the upcoming Amelia movie, I find myself reminded of the legacy of Amelia Earhart. She is remembered as not only a feminist icon and tremendous historical figure, but also as a style inspiration (she even had her own clothing and luggage lines....one of her luggage designs is pictured below!). Vogue named Amelia a style icon in 2007, as did Glamour Magazine in 2009. Her style can be seen carried into the 1940s, with the austerity clothing movement during the war.

Untitled-1



I love nothing more than to browse clothing and fashion websites after a long day at work, so instead of aimless browsing last night, I browsed with a theme: Amelia Earhart. Here are a few of my favorite Amelia inspired items:



Untitled-1

Untitled-1
 
--------------------------------
--------------

DSC_0201

DSC_0206

DSC_0215


Urggg...I love the color and shape of this skirt, but it wrinkles up in the first five minutes of wear. I had already ironed it twice! Anyway...I didn't get a chance to catch up on my weekend outfit posts last evening, so I thought I would share my Saturday outfit today.  I finally had an opportunity to wear my granny boots I scored on ebay for a mere $9! After reviewing the pictures I realized the boots gave the outfit more of a grunge (rather than granny) look. At first I was a bit unsure, but by the end of the day I felt super confident and comfortable in the boots! And isn't that what fashion is about....wearing what you love and feel comfortable in?

Do you ever put on something you're not sure about, but end up loving it? Do share!
----------------------------
------------
I have already uploaded the first round.....here is a peek:


DSC_0607


DSC_0602


DSC_0551
DSC_0454
DSC_0483
DSC_0648
DSC_0408
DSC_0231



I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! :)
 
--------------------------
-------------
As I shuffled through beautiful vintage photos on Tuesday morning, I was inspired for a series of blog posts.  You see, these weren't just any vintage photos; they were the most beautiful photos of my grandmother adorned in exquisite garments.  I began to express my excitement to my Grandma Hatcher regarding her photos and clothing. She had no idea I was so obsessed with vintage clothing, and she was delighted to share the stories behind each photo. I in turn, shared my blog with her via the iphone (which was a bit confusing for someone who has never owned a computer!).  We bonded over a mutual love of old photos, clothing, and stories. Before I left Ohio to return to Nashville, my grandmother gave me the most beautiful fur coat (my grandfather purchased it for her in the 50s) and a gorgeous dress with a matching jacket and gloves (that my grandma made by hand in the 50s)! She was teeny tiny, so I am hoping that I will be able to fit into the dress for our family Christmas celebration!

So, back to the inspiration for a series of posts. With this post being dedicated to the stunning photos of my Grandma Hatcher, I am planning to raid my Grandma Barhorst's photos when I return to Ohio for Christmas, and dedicate a post to her beautiful photos too! The only things better than vintage photos are gorgeous vintage photos of your own grandmothers!


grandma

grandma3

I would love to wear this entire outfit today! Look at those bangles!

grandma2

I love the violin detailing on the dress.

grandma_beach

grandmacoke

grandmaandgrandpa

My Grandpa and Grandma Hatcher....married 52 years
----------------------------
-----------
Warning: ridiculous amounts of photos ahead.....it was just so much fun taking pictures in such a beautiful environment!

Well, mother nature finally came around and did decide to cooperate with our anniversary picnic plans! After many days of rain, I awoke to the sun shining in through the bedroom window. After enjoying a bit of coffee, Robin and I packed up a yummy picnic lunch/dinner of hummus pockets (with feta, tomato, and alfalfa sprouts), cheese and crackers, strawberries, dark chocolate, and red wine. Delicious and thoroughly indulgent....my favorite! It was a beautiful and extremely fun afternoon, and all only about 25 minutes from our apartment in Nashville!


DSC_0018



DSC_0004



DSC_0042


DSC_0033


A few months ago I set out to find a vintage slip (the kind with really delicate and pretty lace encircling the bottom). I always seem to have your run of the mill "shoppers luck"- you know, when you really want something you can never find it! However, to my surprise, I found the perfect slip at the very first thrift store I walked into. Now that chilly climate has finally graced us with its presence, I have become quite fond of layering the slip over tights and letting the lace peek out the bottom of my skirts. I am sure any woman of my grandmother's generation would gasp in horror.



DSC_0069


DSC_0090


DSC_0076



DSC_0120



DSC_0140


DSC_0175

DSC_0189
--------------------------------
---------------
This is one of those weekends that you look forward to so much that Friday seems to fly by, and *poof* the weekend is here! I am completely ecstatic.....October 18 is our very first wedding anniversary! Robin and I are celebrating with football watching, wine drinking, and dinner on Saturday, and a picnic by a lake on Sunday (if mother nature would decide to celebrate with us!).

Every aspect of our wedding was infused with our personalities, and it was such an amazing time! We had an absolute blast, and had all of our friends and our incredibly large families there to help us celebrate.


Wedding Day!

Happiest Day! :)

0467

Reception Site-Franklin Park Conservatory (Columbus, OH)

0335

Our Super Great Wedding Party

0605

The cutest ring bearer; our nephew Josh!

The funny thing about me is that I can be either the most low-maintenance or the most high-maintenance person that you have ever met, at the least expected moments. Our wedding was one of those. From the start it was low maintenance.... especially the dress! I never set foot into a bridal shop, ordering my dress straight off Nordstroms website from the comfort of my couch, and never even trying it on (as a bonus, it was super inexpensive)! It was glorious and stress free (which is uncharacteristic of me)!
CLICK NOW
COLLECTION OF WORLD'S BEST WALLPAPERS
WOW WHAT A BEAUTY
AMAZING NATURE
NATURE OF GOD
JAZZ OF LIFE
COOL PHOTOS BANK
BEAUTY OF WILDLIFE
BEST PHOTOS OF THE WORLD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY