Sunday, January 24, 2010

navy and ivory
navy and ivory
navy and ivory

Photos by Neil!

Vintage Navy and Lace Pleated Coat - Tennessee Antique Mall
Ivory Lace Dress, Gold Heart Locket - Forever21
Brown Suede Wedges - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters

Another find from last weekend's Tennessee Antique Mall excursion was this navy and cream coat. It's fully lined and pleated with great covered buttons and pretty lace cuffs and collar.. and it reminds me a bit of the Sound of Music.

navy and ivory
navy and ivory

Lately, I've been thinking about my New Years Resolutions. I am 100% a procrastinator, so the idea of a whole year to meet my goals is a bit daunting because I WILL put them off until December. I feel much more comfortable when I keep my goals on my mind with the intention to tackle them quickly.

So when it's been a matter of a few weeks and I'm already telling you guys about my New Years progress, don't be mistaken and consider me a timely or organized person. Just ask my mom. I am merely trying to avoid the inevitable, which is STARTING PROJECTS I NEVER FINISH.
 
---------------------------------
----------------------

vintage black rabbit fur coat



1960s italian oxford heels



vintage giorgio sant'angelo wool trousers



vintage hearts and bows crop cardigan


As you may have guessed, I've decided to hold onto the military dress I found.. at least long enough to post about it. It was hard enough letting go of the hearts and bows cardigan above, which is by far my favorite listed item this week (the second being either the rabbit fur or the red fringe cape). When I saw it in the thrift store, I immediately thought of Anthropologie sweaters I fell in love with this winter.. the kelly green and navy hues go so perfectly together, and it's whimsical and sweet - just like Anthropologie itself.
-------------------------
---------------

dance hall dance hall, everyday
dance hall dance hall, everyday

Photos by Mom!

Vintage White Lace Square Dancing Top - Local Honey
Black High Waist Shorts - Urban Outfitters
Vintage Lace Up Zodiac Boots - Tennessee Antique Mall

Now, I don't know if this is considered cheating.. shorts aren't pants. But I figured if I could sit Indian style in them, I could post about them.

dance hall dance hall, everyday
dance hall dance hall, everyday
my new old zodiac boots

Last of the week! Everything I'm wearing is a recent purchase, including the new black tights (run-free.. for now), which were a Christmas gift. I found the lovely lace square dancing top at Local Honey and the great Zodiac boots at an antique mall on Wedgewood. Neil and I hit up Urban Outfitters on Friday and while I didn't find the macrame belt I was wanting, I did find these Kimchi Blue high waisted shorts. What I love about them is the volume.. they are made from a lightweight fabric that flares out when worn. It makes my hips feel twice as big and my waist twice as small.

I've got to say thank you to you guys for reading and for commenting.. your comments have been very encouraging, and they've made me decide to seek out (pleated!) pants on a more regular basis now.. instead of skipping the pants section altogether (your comments have also made me think a bit more about Chuck Palahniuk.. for those of you who like him, which is your favorite of his?).

This weekend has been a blur of good company and good times. While it all rocked, I'm very thankful for some down time this week. Nothing sounds better to me than going to the library with Neil and picking up a Kurt Vonnegut book my friend suggested. Or heading to Borders and drinking coffee and reading. Or watching a Fellini movie. I always thought I was a person who enjoyed craziness and crowds, but honestly, my favorite city moments are when everything has died down and the streets are bare. We're getting some warm weather this week.. maybe I can talk Neil Winter into walking around the city with me.

I received a white rabbit fur coat from my wonderful friend Lauren yesterday and Bloom is taking a nap on it right now. There is something odd about that.

REALLY excited about my shop update tomorrow.. after a couple fruitless visits to thrift stores and expensive antique malls, I finally found some unique items while shopping with my mom today! There is a military style dress with double breasted gold buttons and white cuffs and collar that I fell in love with (does it belong in the shop or in my closet?), and a 70's knit cape/poncho that is ridiculously red and cool. And wool trousers. And a 40's swing coat with a fur collar.

In other words, tomorrow's listing process will be a fun sort of busy-ness. But then, lots and lots of laziness and reading and down time.

dance hall dance hall, everyday
-----------------------------
-----------------

girl wears pants outfit no. 2

Strong Shoulder Striped Top, Brown Skinny Belt - Forever21
Gray High Waisted Pleated Pants - Thrifted
Brown Suede Wedges - Urban Outfitters
Ivory Polka Dot Knee Highs - American Apparel

Outfit number two! The copper bow I'm wearing in my hair is from the adorable supply shop Fancy Feast. The striped top really makes me think of an outfit with a nautical theme. I bought gold buttons to use on a navy skirt or shorts (can't decide which yet) and once I finish that up, I might pair them together.

Sunday will be the last of the pants series.. I've had a fun time with the change of pace, and I might continue it for awhile, to be honest. It's a good feeling to try something new and receive such positive encouragement, so thanks a lot for your lovely comments last post!

We've had friends over the past night and today. Coffee and shopping and talking til 2am.. I'm pretty sure God intended life to be filled with 2am conversations. Now, we're watching Fight Club, which has basically distracted me for the past two hours from writing anything intelligent. Eventually I will write something with substance - I promise.

I really love Helena Bonham Carter. I haven't made up my mind on how I feel about Chuck Palahniuk, but Fight Club makes me happy inside. And Meat Loaf.

Which Meat Loaf role is better - Bob from Fight Club or Eddie from Rocky Horror Picture Show?

girl wears pants outfit no. 2
girl wears pants outfit no. 2
girl wears pants outfit no. 2
------------------------
--------

IMG_0227

Photos by Neil!

Black Velvet Bodysuit, Gold Heart Locket - Forever21
Gray Wool Trousers - Thrifted
Black Lace Up Heels - H&M

A fairly simple outfit and my first pants wearing exercise of the week!

IMG_0126
IMG_0255
IMG_0209

I found these lovely high waisted wool pants at Goodwill last weekend, and they fit me really well (although they'll fit even better once I buy this awesome macrame belt at Urban Outfitters tomorrow!).

The gold locket came from a necklace I bought at Forever21. It came with a bunch of chains on it, but I wanted it simple, so I cut the rest off.

What are your mid-week plans? For me, today has been a documentary watching day. I watched a film on swords, and now I'm about to get into a film called the Rape of Europa - it's about the Nazis plundering Europe's greatest art treasures during World War II. And it looks wonderful.

IMG_0305
--------------------------
--------------

IMG_9704

I'm not the first to say that with the holidays over, I'm looking forward to spring already. Maybe it's this first winter snow that hit Nashville yesterday, maybe it's because there are no big events until the weather turns warm again. Or maybe it's because the fashion world has bred us to always be looking towards the future with collections being delivered months and months in advance. Maybe it's because Urban Outfitters has just released their early spring catalog and I spent way too much time looking it over yesterday. Or maybe I'm just sick of this ridiculous cold.

At any rate, I made this blue floral comb today to aid in bringing about warmer weather. I'll let you know if it works. I've also been looking for a short white dress and pastel playsuits lately, and I CAN'T WAIT to steal Neil's chambray button up from him so I can pair it with the Forever21 high waisted navy shorts.

Here are some spring-y, sailboat images from the Current/Elliott Spring 2010 collection to keep you warm. My favorite is the blue playsuit by far.

current-elliott-white
current elliott playsuitcurrent-elliott-dress

And Refinery29 just posted a link to the lovely H&M Garden Collection.. all of the pieces are romantic and soft, not to mention extremely affordable. Don't you love the red cardigan with rosettes all over?

hm white tunicrose cardiganeyelet white tank hm

hm floral dress and jacket

Alright. Now that's out of my system, I'm prepared to go back to winter - and to a new nautical inspired outfit with pleated slacks that I've been plotting. And to my imminent search for a classy Valentine's Day dress (any suggestions?). More on that later!
CLICK NOW
COLLECTION OF WORLD'S BEST WALLPAPERS
WOW WHAT A BEAUTY
AMAZING NATURE
NATURE OF GOD
JAZZ OF LIFE
COOL PHOTOS BANK
BEAUTY OF WILDLIFE
BEST PHOTOS OF THE WORLD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY